About the renovations

Submitting my DA application to Waverley Council


I’ve submitted my DA to Waverley Council!

We’ve been working on it for 7-8 months but now it’s finally in.

What is a DA?

A DA is a development approval. A development application (DA) is required from your local council for most types of renovation and development.

The Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 defines development as:

  • using land
  • subdividing land
  • erecting a building
  • carrying out work
  • pruning or removing trees
  • demolition
  • any other matter controlled by an environmental planning instrument.

Depending on the scope of your proposed development there are different forms for different categories. There are also different fees involved.

To find out more about the development approval process for your renovation, talk to your local council or registered builder. Most councils have information about the development approval process on their website.

For example, my local council is Waverley Council and their development approval process is on their website.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *